The iPhone is the creation of Apple. It features a touch screen through which you perform various functions; for example making calls, sending text messages, going through different applications installed in your iPhone, etc. However, the screen is sensitive and prone to damage.
If you drop your phone or mishandle it, the screen may crack. If that happens, it doesn’t mean your phone is completely damaged; you can get your iPhone screen replacement. You can either get it done from an Apple Store or do it yourself at home.
Below are the 12 steps to how to fix iPhone screen:
1. Switch off your iPhone. On the top of your phone’s casing is a small hole which is pressed to open the sim card slot. Insert and push a paper clip into that hole till the time when the sim card drives out of the slot. Take it out and keep it on a side. Close the sim card holder.
2. With the help of a Phillips screwdriver, remove or dismantle the 2 screws that are placed at the bottom of your iPhone.
3. There is a seam between the screen and the main body of an iPhone. It is found on the top of the button €home’. By using a pry tool, open the screen and separate it from the main body. This will reveal the connectors. Do not, however, take it out altogether.
4. While using the pry tool, remove the 2 connecting wires and flip up the white latch. Then remove the ribbon that is connected to the base.
5. Now with the help of tweezers, remove the two black tape strips from the right and left screen sides.
6. Take out the five screws that hold the LCD assembly and the screen frame together. Do that by using the screwdriver.
7. Pull away the screen frame from the LCD assembly by inserting the pry tool between them.
8. Then, carefully use a knife to remove the cracked or damaged screen from the screen frame. Clean any adhesive that is leftover by rubbing it with a cloth and alcohol.
9. Attach the new replacement screen’s adhesive strips to the screen frame of the phone. Fix the new screen in place.
10. Repeat the same procedure in reverse order to successfully put the iPhone back together after you fix iPhone screen has been placed.
Check out iPhone screen repair nyc